Jennifer’s Sausage Kale Stew
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Regular Flavor Pork Sausage Roll
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans (white kidney beans)
- 4 cups shredded kale, stems removed
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 3 medium zucchini, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 3 medium yellow squash, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 °F. Shape sausage into 24 (1-inch balls.) Place on a foil lined baking pan. Bake for 20 minutes or until thoroughly cooked (160°F). Drain on paper towels.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan cook and stir kale, onion, zucchini and yellow squash in olive oil over medium- high heat for 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add water, chicken broth and salt and pepper to taste. Stir in beans and meatballs. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 20 minutes to allow flavors to develop.
This recipe was created in partnership with Jimmy Dean brand for the Family Table program.